Lexipol, the leading provider of state-specific policies and training for public safety agencies, recently announced the introduction of its Fire Procedures content. This new offering is a complement to the Fire Policies and Training solution currently available for fire departments in 23 states.
Using reports from national organizations on the latest fire research and collaboration with industry leaders, Lexipol’s fire service experts and attorneys created a set of procedures and related training that bring fire department operations into accordance with best practices aimed at enhancing firefighter health and safety. The new Fire Procedures content addresses 25 high-risk areas, such as active shooter, mayday, rapid intervention teams and fireground accountability.
Features of the Fire Procedures offering include:
- Command-level procedures that emphasize essential actions for critical, time-sensitive incidents
- Visual decision trees to simplify procedure review
- Scenario-based training to help with procedure application
- A comprehensive platform that allows the addition of department-specific procedures or guidelines
- Electronic procedural issuance and acknowledgement tracking
- 24/7 access via a web-based platform and mobile app
“We are pleased to enhance our fire safety offering,” said Lexipol CEO Michael Davis. “The addition of Fire Procedures complements our Fire policies and provides increased safety and efficiency. The decision trees and scenario-based training help departments reinforce protocols and standardize response – and with consistency comes less risk.”
In addition to enhanced safety, agencies using the new Fire Procedures will benefit from improved accountability and operational efficiency. To learn more about Lexipol’s Fire Policies and Training solution, visit www.lexipol.com/fire.