Created in 2003 by two attorneys (and former law enforcement officers), Lexipol was born from a vision of a better,
safer way to run a public safety agency.
It was a perfect combination: Bruce Praet’s courtroom experience representing public safety agencies and Gordon Graham’s foundation in risk management principles, including a unique approach to training he created while at the California Highway Patrol.
From that foundation, Lexipol grew to form an entire risk management solution for public safety and local government.
We started by developing comprehensive, continuously updated policies for public safety agencies. Then we added
online training, wellness resources, grant services and an electronic policy management platform, as well as the digital communities Police1, FireRescue1, Corrections1, EMS1 and Gov1.
Today, we serve more than 2 million public safety and government professionals with a range of informational and technological solutions to meet the challenges facing these dynamic industries. But through all the changes, our mission remains the same:
To use content and technology to create safer communities and empower the individuals and organizations that serve them.
Key Dates in Lexipol History
- An Idea Recognizing the need for customized policy manuals for law enforcement, Bruce Praet and Geoff Spalding develop the original Law Enforcement manual, using the Fullerton (CA) Police Department as a model. Within a year, 10 agencies are customers.
- Company Founding Lexipol is founded as a partnership between Bruce Praet and Gordon Graham. Daily Training Bulletins are added to the Lexipol policy solution.
- Corporate Headquarters Lexipol moves into corporate headquarters in Southern California. Gordon Graham’s “Today’s Tip” launches. Lexipol now has 15 employees.
- Corrections Policy Solutions The first Lexipol Corrections policy solution is created for California, with three more states to follow in the coming year. Law enforcement policy solutions expand to 12 states.
- Fire & Rescue Policy Solutions The first Lexipol Fire & Rescue policy solution is created. The company is featured on Deloitte’s “Technology Fast 500” list.
- Investment Growth Lexipol is acquired by The Riverside Company, a global private equity firm. With 61 employees, Lexipol provides policy solutions in 15 states.
- Expansion to Texas New company headquarters office opens in Frisco, Texas. Lexipol’s 120 employees now serve more than 2,800 public safety agencies in 28 states.
- New Policy Offerings Probation and Juvenile Detention policy solutions are added to the Lexipol lineup, which now includes offerings in 35 states with more than 3,100 customers.
- Family of Solutions Lexipol acquires Praetorian Digital, adding online learning and grant services to its family of solutions, as well as the industry news sites Police1, FireRescue1, EMS1, Corrections1 and Gov1.
- Innovative Wellness Support Lexipol acquires Cordico, creator of confidential mobile wellness solutions for high-risk professions. In response to COVID 19, Lexipol launches free policy and training resources to first responders nationwide.
- Accreditation Services Lexipol purchases The Rodgers Group, a public safety accreditation consulting firm. In October, leading private equity firm GTCR acquires Lexipol.
- The Industry Leader Lexipol acquires online training companies CareerCert and JPMA. Lexipol's 450+ employees now provide public safety solutions to more than 10,000 agencies and municipalities in 50 states and Canada.
At Lexipol, we believe we can make communities safer through the development of content and technological solutions that empower local government leaders. We strive to fulfill that mission by bringing together talented, passionate individuals with diverse backgrounds, all united by shared values.
Lexipol promotes a progressive, open, collaborative environment focused on creating opportunities to do our best every day. We are proud to be a part of this company because we are proud to help public safety and local government leaders better serve their communities. We balance hard work with team-building events and meaningful recognition for those who go above and beyond. We embrace varied backgrounds and dynamic personalities because we understand that diversity of ideas and thoughts helps our company continuously improve.
Our values unite our efforts and ensure we’re focused on doing what’s right for our customers, our employees and our business.
- Serve—We are mission-driven to serve – our teammates, customers, and partners – drawing inspiration from those who risk everything to keep our communities safe.
- Innovate— We embrace change and focus on continuous innovation, seeking ways to apply new technologies and forward-thinking concepts to increase our reach and advance our mission.
- Collaborate— We are at our best when we work together with open minds and enthusiasm, eliminating barriers that divide teams, respecting diversity of opinion, and seeking external insights to improve our collective strategy and decision-making.
- Empower—We believe our success is driven from a culture of trust, where team members are empowered to make decisions and bring ambitious ideas to the forefront to improve products and processes in our organization.
- Own It—We hold ourselves accountable and operate with professionalism and integrity in all interactions, whether with colleagues or customers.
We know what it means to serve. Lexipol currently employs a team of dedicated individuals who represent a combined 2,075 years of experience in public safety.
With principal offices in Dallas and California and remote team members nationwide, Lexipol offers a vibrant culture and growth-oriented environment where talented employees develop hands-on experience in technology, marketing, editorial, production, product development, operations and business management—while also watching firsthand how their efforts enable our customers to save lives and protect our communities.
If you’re looking for a fulfilling career opportunity in an exciting, evolving field, Lexipol may be the place for you! We’re growing and need experienced, passionate professionals to join our team. We hire both full- and part-time team members and welcome retired and active-duty public safety personnel. Learn more about how you can help improve the quality and performance of our nation’s public safety agencies.
Continue the Conversation
Follow along for articles from industry experts, public safety news, event announcements and more.