Policies & Updates
Comprehensive, proven content from industry experts
Policies That Protect
Policies create the foundation for all operations in public safety agencies and local government. Yet leaders often rely on inadequate or outdated policies, policies that don’t reflect current practice or policies that contradict one another. If your agency or government organization is struggling to get by with ill-fitting policies borrowed from other sources—or gaps where you lack policy guidance entirely—you’re vulnerable to physical, financial and political risks.
Lexipol provides fully developed, state-specific policies researched and written by subject matter experts and vetted by attorneys. Our policies are based on nationwide standards and best practices while also incorporating state and federal laws and regulations where appropriate. Best of all, we keep your policies updated for you, saving you time and money.
Improve compliance with federal regulations
Align operations with state-specific laws
Stay up to date on case law and judicial trends
Provide personnel with consistent, easy-to-follow guidance
One Comprehensive System for All Your Policy Needs
Lexipol provides a comprehensive policy and training solution developed and supported by public sector attorneys, practitioners and subject matter experts. Some companies give you document management solutions but leave you on your own to develop policy content. Others give you model policies but no policy management system. Lexipol is the sole company providing continuously updated, legally vetted policies, daily policy-related training and policy implementation assistance in one integrated, web-based system.
Our policy solution includes:
- Policies covering all operational areas, researched and written by public safety and local government professionals
- Updates delivered to you electronically when laws, practices or standards change
- Training bulletins to help your personnel learn and apply your policies
- Online and mobile platform to provide secure storage for and easy access to your policy and training content
- Document storage to manage procedures and other content and integrate it with your policies
- Accreditation support to reduce the time and effort needed to earn and maintain accreditation
- Policy implementation and management services to help you adopt your new policies faster and free your staff to focus on other organizational priorities
Conquer Policy Updates Once & for All
When we speak with public safety and local government leaders about their policy challenges, one of the first things they identify is the struggle to keep up with the numerous changes. When laws change, your policies need to change, too. But your personnel likely don’t have the time or expertise to pour over legislation, court decisions and research reports.
With a Lexipol subscription, they don’t have to. Our legal and policy content development teams monitor for new legislation, statutes and case law on the state and federal levels, looking for anything that impacts policy content. They also keep up with research and reports influencing public safety and government best practices. When an update is needed, they create it for you.
Here’s how it works:
- We author the recommended changes and deliver them to you through our online platform, with email notification to you.
- Our online platform shows you the changes in mark-up form, with the updated language side-by-side with the previous version—so you know instantly what’s changing.
- You also receive Release Notes that explain the changes and reason behind them.
- You can accept, reject or customize each policy update or section of an update. Once you do, it’s just a few more clicks to issue the update to your personnel.
What Our Customers Are Saying
“Lexipol is the only provider that has policy that has been vetted by other chiefs, industry experts and lawyers. All you have to do is tailor the policies to your agency’s needs.”
Chief Steven Vaccaro
Mokena (IL) Policy Department
“We’re spending less time on policy management so we’re saving money. Lexipol clearly outweighs what we were doing before.”
Deputy Chief Jim Hamilton
Grants Pass (OR) Department of Public Safety
“Lexipol serves three purposes: One, it protects citizens by giving us vetted guidelines to follow. Two, it protects firefighters because in court, they can show that they follow guidelines. And three, as long as we follow the policies, it protects the city’s assets.”
Chief Bob Watson
Borger (TX) Fire Department
“We spent a considerable amount of money and effort trying to develop and maintain comprehensive and legally based policies and procedures. Lexipol has relieved us of that burden and provided us with a policy system that we have great confidence in and that we can tailor to suit our particular goals and community standards.”
Chief Deputy Klint Anderson
Weber County (UT) Sheriff’s Office