2021 came and went in what seems like the blink of an eye—and still, so much has happened in the world of public safety and within Lexipol. Over the past year, we have continued to focus on providing the highest level of service to our customers, so you can continue to serve and protect your communities as safely and professionally as possible. As public safety personnel have continuously demonstrated their dedication and commitment to serving, we must offer our heartfelt gratitude to all on the frontlines rising up to meet new challenges every year. You inspire us in our work to help and support you! With that being said, let’s jump right in and take a look at some 2021 highlights.
(202)1 for the Record Books
2021 was certainly one for the record books! Let’s start with a high-level recap. This year:
- Our policy team reviewed over 15,000 federal and state bills, regulations, and executive orders and issued more than 600 policy updates to our customers
- Our online learning academies released over 70 new courses
- Our grants team helped secure almost $44 million in grant funding for public safety agencies
- And our industry news sites published a whopping 8,000+ articles, including everything from news and analysis to research and editorial
In 2021, Lexipol hosted our second annual user group conference, Connect, featuring 20 live and on-demand sessions on key topics in public safety policy, training, wellness, grants and more. Thousands of public safety professionals virtually gathered for the day, learning, networking and sharing. Connect was bigger and better than in 2020 and we hope to continue that pattern of growth and progress for Connect 2022.
We also saw the inaugural class of Connect Recognition Program recipients in 2021. Agencies that excelled at implementing, disseminating, acknowledging and training on policies in 2020 were recognized for their diligence and hard work at policy maintenance and management. Over 1,100 agencies across the country received gold, silver or bronze recognition. We can’t wait to see all the agencies who achieve the same honor next year!
In 2021, Lexipol was recognized in several award programs for innovation, impact in the public safety industry and excellence in our response to COVID-19. We kicked off the year with a win in Business Intelligence Group’s BIG Innovation Awards for our innovative response to the pandemic and civil unrest of 2020 with the specific needs of public safety in mind. We were also honored with a silver Globee Golden Bridge Award for corporate response of the year, a gold MUSE Creative Award for corporate responsibility and the ParDreamies Award for Social Impact for our Coronavirus Learning & Policy Center. Our industry news sites, Police1 and EMS1, were recognized in the Eddie & Ozzie Awards for the ninth consecutive year, winning Best Overall B2B Column/Blog, and FireRescue1 received the IAFF Media Award for Best News Story. Finally, Lexipol’s Cordico wellness solution was named the winner of the Sacramento Region Innovation Awards in the government/civic technology category, marking a great stride for first responder wellness initiatives.
New & Noteworthy
That’s not all 2021 had in store! Lexipol also saw continued growth and improvement across our product lines. To help bolster and grow our accreditation support services, Lexipol acquired The Rodgers Group, greatly expanding our capabilities for accreditation, training and consulting services. Although the integration of these services is in its early stages, we are confident the addition of The Rodgers Group and their expertise will allow Lexipol to enhance our support of public safety agencies across the country in 2022 and beyond.
As we wave goodbye to 2021, we look forward to the new year and the new opportunities it will bring to serve you as you serve your communities.
We also launched several new products this year:
- Local Government Policies & Training: At the beginning of 2021, Lexipol announced the introduction of a policy solution for municipalities to improve continuity of operations and ensure the most up-to-date, compliant policy content across local government departments.
- New Online Learning Course Series: Lexipol’s online learning academies released several new course series to further engage and instruct public safety professionals in topics ranging from health and wellness to leadership.
- FireRescue1 Academy introduced the new Master Class course series on leadership featuring subject matter experts such as Deputy Chief Billy Goldfeder, Dr. Denis Onieal and Chief John Butler.
- In a similar vein, PoliceOne Academy introduced Focal Point courses, which are POST-approved, align with Lexipol policies and cover some of the highest risk operations performed by officers.
- Police1 also began offering an Emotional Survival course featuring renowned expert, Dr. Kevin Gilmartin.
Along with new product launches, we also saw some exciting updates and developments across the board:
- The Cordico Wellness App was named a vetted and approved wellness solution for law enforcement professionals by the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) Wellness Division. The FOP recognizes the need to provide officers with resources to address PTSD, anxiety and more and notes that the Cordico app is designed to provide a host of critical resources to help law enforcement officers learn about behavioral health issues, build resilience, and connect with therapists and peer support team members.
- In response to increased calls for police reform and looking to encourage education and productive discussion, Lexipol developed a three-part webinar series with subject matter experts on topics central to the conversations on reform. Chief (Ret.) Mike Ranalli and Laura Scarry discussed policy, training and response to mental health crises in webinars that garnered thousands of live attendees and on-demand views.
Speaking of news, this year our award-winning industry news sites continued to outdo themselves with coverage, analysis and insight into the issues facing public safety agencies and professionals, while conducting research and listening to our audience to understand sentiments regarding these challenges. Police1 released a report on “What Cops Want” based on over 4,000 survey respondents. The 2021 EMS Trend Report from EMS1 offered insight into the adaptability and growth of the profession, as well as the challenges facing first responders and agencies. Lexipol’s industry news sites also offered special coverage of the 20th anniversary of 9/11, breaking news, and analysis of hot topics such as thin blue/red line flags, active bystandership for law enforcement, vaccine mandates and more.
We’ll See You in 2022!
As we wave goodbye to 2021, we look forward to the new year and the new opportunities it will bring to serve you as you serve your communities. We are proud to play a small part in the incredible work public safety professionals do!