As 2022 comes to a close, it’s time once again to reminisce. In some ways, 2022 was a return to a semblance of normalcy for the world of public safety (and the world at large). In other ways, 2022 was a continuation of the challenges facing the industry. But across the board, public safety professionals continued to rise to the occasion and meet the needs of their communities—and Lexipol was privileged to be a small part of that work. As public safety professionals demonstrate a never-ending dedication to service, Lexipol has worked to make that job as simple as possible. We’ve continued to focus on providing the highest level of customer service and the highest quality solutions to streamline responsibilities and allow public safety professionals to focus on the core mission of their job.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at all that 2022 had in store before we turn our sights to the new year.
Much Ado in 2022
2022 was certainly another year of growing and developing—let’s start with a high-level recap of what went down at Lexipol. This year:
- Our policy team reviewed over 10,000 federal and state legislation and executive orders and issued more than 400 policy updates to our customers
- Our online learning academies released 47 new courses
- Our grants team helped secure $33 million in grant funding for public safety agencies, completing over 350 custom grant projects
- Our wellness solution, Cordico, introduced 15 new wellness modules on topics such as empathy, emotional intelligence, physical fitness and alcohol.
- And our industry news sites published a whopping 8,200+ articles, including news and analysis, research and editorial content, and averaged over 2.7 million users each month
In 2022, Lexipol hosted our third annual user group conference, Connect, featuring 16 new live sessions including legal updates for law enforcement, fire and corrections; roundtables with industry experts; discussions on accountability, recruitment and retention, and community relations; and keynotes featuring Gordon Graham and Mayor Steve Benjamin. Thousands of public safety professionals gathered virtually for a day packed with learning, networking and sharing. Our Connect conference continues to grow and improve with each passing year—we can’t wait to see what the future holds!
We also saw the second class of Connect Recognition Program recipients in 2022. Agencies that excelled at implementing, disseminating, acknowledging and training on policies in 2021 were recognized for their diligence and hard work at policy maintenance and management. Over 1,300 agencies across the country received gold, silver or bronze recognition—a 27% increase over the first year of the program! We can’t wait to see all the agencies who achieve the same honor next year.
In 2022, Lexipol was recognized in several award programs for innovation, excellence in technology and editorial content, and impact on the public safety industry.
- The year started off with several awards for our editorial teams:
- Lexipol’s solutions fared well in awards for excellence and innovation:
- Our online learning academies received the SaaS Award for Best Learning Management Solution
- Our policy management solution won an Appealie SaaS Award for product innovation and customer satisfaction
- Cordico, our wellness solution, was named finalist in both the SIIA CODiE Awards and the BIG Awards for Business.
- Our company overall and specific departments were also recognized:
- Named to the Inspiring Workplaces list
- Awarded a Stevie International Business Award for Company of the Year
- Named finalist in the WorkLife Awards for Most Passionate Employees
- Received the MarDreamies Award for Social Impact for promotion around wellness initiatives
- Won Best Legal Department in the 2022 Best in Biz Awards
- Named to Inc.’s 2022 Best in Business list for Government Services
- Named to Comparably’s Top 100 Best Companies for Women list
New(s) & Noteworthy
But don’t fret—that’s not all! Lexipol continued to grow, expand and bring our public safety and local government customers new and exciting developments across solutions. This continued growth was marked by two acquisitions in online learning: CareerCert and JPMA. These acquisitions expanded Lexipol’s course offerings in EMS, law enforcement and corrections, demonstrating the pattern of growth Lexipol has followed for the last several years as we enhance solutions for our customers.
We look back at the past year with pride and gratitude at the incredible way our customers went above and beyond to serve their communities, and how our employees served our customers.
Additionally, we expanded our law enforcement accreditation offering, building on the acquisition of the Rodgers’ Group in late 2021. Lexipol’s Center for Accreditation Success delivers comprehensive support, utilizing Lexipol’s expertise in policy, training, technology and professional services to help agencies through the accreditation process.
We also began some exciting new partnerships this year to continue creating top-of-the-line solutions and getting them into the hands of those that need them:
- In 2022, we kicked off our partnership with Sourcewell! As a supplier through Sourcewell, Lexipol provides a compliant, quicker way to satisfy procurement requirements, streamlining and simplifying the purchasing process of our policy management, wellness and online learning solutions.
- Our partnership with Faith Fight Finish, foundation of Dallas Cowboys’ Quarterback Dak Prescott, will bring free community engagement education and training to law enforcement agencies and community members across the country.
- A partnership between Lexipol and Echelon Front will bring exclusive Echelon Front leadership and wellness training content to our Cordico wellness app.
And in other news (the news sites’ news, that is), this year Lexipol Media Group continued to set the standard for industry coverage, analysis and insight into the issues facing public safety agencies and professionals, while conducting research to understand how our audience—those on the front lines—view these challenges. Police1 published the second annual “What Cops Want” report based on over 2,000 survey respondents, offering insight into the crucial skills law enforcement professionals seek from their leaders. The 2022 EMS Trend Report from EMS1 shared paramedic perspectives on staffing, clinical adoption and hope for the future. Finally, FireRescue1 released the inaugural “What Firefighters Want” report, focusing on supervision and command, as well as what firefighters are looking for in their career.
In addition to the high-quality news and editorial content, regular editorial webinars and special occasion coverage, Lexipol Media Group also released “Better Every Shift,” a new podcast from FireRescue1, hosted by Aaron Zamzow and FireRescue1 Editor-in-Chief Janelle Foskett, that seeks to bring kitchen table conversations to the airwaves.
More to See in 2023!
We look back at the past year with pride and gratitude at the incredible way our customers went above and beyond to serve their communities, and how our employees served our customers. And as we look forward to the new year, we are excited for all that it will bring as we seek to continue innovating and improving to simplify the responsibilities of our customers. We are proud to have a small role in the incredible service of public safety professionals each and every day.